The Ugly Truth

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You know how you fantasize about having a whole entire day to lay on the couch or in bed, watch TV, look at magazines and do absolutely no housework? I mean nothing, not even picking up after yourselves or your kids. No laundry, dishes, no nothing. For the whole day. It sounds like a dream come true to me. Well, I had that day yesterday.....I did nothing. ALL DAY. Here's the thing though; I somehow threw my back out first thing yesterday morning doing absolutely nothing, which makes it all the more frustrating,  and was down all day. Wyatt was basically in charge of fixing lunch, letting the dogs out, getting my medicine, bringing me drinks, helping Charlotte with various tasks such as looking for her handkerchief, finding Crystal the stuffed cat and attempting to put her hair clips back in for her. Man am I lucky to have such a sweet little guy who is so willing to help--seriously. Needless to say the house was an absolute disaster by the time Eric got home. Now I know what the house would look like if I really didn't pick up a minimum of 100 times per day. And so does he.
So here it is folks, The Ugly Truth, but just a teeny, tiny glimpse of it:


Now that is just one corner of my house just a small fraction of the mess, 
but just look at my view from the couch yesterday:


The leaves fell all day yesterday and it was so pretty. Today I am feeling a little bit better and my sister picked up the kids after lunch and is taking them home with her, they won't be home until tonight so I am off to sleep.

Thank You Dear Lord!


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I don't have kids but a dog and a husband keep me picking up all day long.. I can't imagine how bad it would be with little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael! I'm thinking maybe it wouldn't have been quite so bad if I had been caught up on everything around the house BEFORE this happened!
    : ) oh well!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.