Dear Winter,

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

  I don't know how else to say this so I'm just going to get right to it: I'm done with you. I am over you and I would be very happy if you went away immediately and I didn't see you until next Christmas, preferably Christmas Eve and bring snow. I have tried to be more positive this year, to seek out the good things about you...and I did. I realized that you, too, are actually a very beautiful season and I appreciate that. You have allowed us to go sledding, make snow angels,  play on a frozen pond, drink hot chocolate, do lots of baking, wear cute coats and hats, make snow ice cream. It's been fun...but I'm done.
I am ready for:
the sun!
flip-flops
popsicles
sidewalk chalk
fresh produce
swimming
the Farmer's Market
bike rides
walks around the neighborhood
 it staying light later in the evening
open windows
cooking out on the grill
kids playing outside!
...........and so much more. Don't worry, I will be missing you in July when it is a million degrees out and I know I will be ready for your return next year.
XOXO......Amy 

3 comments:

  1. i am so with you on that!! thankfully, spring is popping up like crazy around here these days, i must say, i wish i had seen just a bit more snow! but, I almost pulled out the flip-flops today...almost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I too am with you! Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.