Mrs. Potter's Lullaby (and my own little Adam Duritz)

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I've been listening to a lot of the Counting Crows lately in the car, so naturally the kids have too. I love, love, love the Counting Crows (forget about "Mr. Jones" for a minute here)....love their music, love their lyrics and just really LOVE Adam Duritz's beautiful voice. The kids like listening to them a lot, they request them when we get in the car and Wyatt sings along (and surprisingly knows a lot more of the words then one might think) while Charlotte plays the air guitar. Last week while listening to them on the way home from preschool Wyatt asked me to turn it down for a second and then in all seriousness said to me; "Mommy, I just realized that me and the singer sound almost exactly alike. We sing just the same." Of course I agreed, turned the music back up and watched Wyatt continue to sing along in the back seat-with much pride I might add. So click on the lyrics below and listen to one of our favorite songs on this dreary, rainy morning.....

                 " When I see you, a blanket of stars covers me in my bed..."
                                                     ~Mrs. Potter's Lullaby, Counting Crows

2 comments:

  1. i wonder if he sounds like the singer from counting crows because he practices sounding like him ;)
    loving your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i'm thinking he sounds NOTHING like him at all but we won't tell him that! Thank you for commenting amanda...i thought i only had 3 readers out there and they are all kind of obligated to read as they are: my sister, my cousin and good friend! ha!: )

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.