Knockin' Em' Off My Fall List

Tuesday, September 23, 2014



Hey there + Happy Tuesday.
And Welcome,   f  a  l  l    .  
Today is the first official day of Fall after all, right?
Well, technically I think it became Fall at like 9:00 pm last night, so that makes today the first FULL official day of Fall.
Regardless, it's here and the whole "I Love Fall"  thing hasn't worn off for me yet, not even close...
We've {hopefully} got a ways to go and I couldn't be happier about it.

I mean, the alternative is Winter... and I am still mentally scarred from last Winter and we are just gonna love on Fall and
not let go... because... I just can't deal.

So we got to work on our Fall List this weekend and it was seriously the perfect weekend to do so.
Notice how those of us that have to deal with a lot of crappy weather over the course of a year get so excited about these
perfect-weather days?
We know they are numbered.
#9 - We hit the Apple Orchard on Sunday.
And if the weather wasn't truly awesome,  it would've still been awesome because...
fresh apple donuts, apple cider slushies + lots of fresh apples.
Duh.





Fall List   ///////

1. Make Pumpkin Bars
2. Read a really good scary book or a mystery
3. Visit the Pumpkin Patch
4. Make a pie { Apple? Pumpkin? }
5. Watch ::  You've Got Mail
6. Make  a Fall wreath
7. Take a solo photo drive when the leaves are changing colors
8. Have coffee on the front porch early in the morning as much as possible
9. Visit the Apple Orchard
10. Have fires in the fire pit when we can
11. Find a new pair of super cute(but not super expensive) BOOTS





And then #5... and I have no pictures so you'll just have to trust me on this one, I watched You've Got Mail.
Sigh.
The brownstones, the book store.... all of it.
It doesn't matter how many times I have seen it, afterwards I fantasize about owning my own 
book store/coffee shop for days.
Days.




Next up on my list is a big one for me.
When you leave the apple orchard with a basket full of apples... it's time to finally try and make your very first apple pie.
I am doing it this week you guys.
I am.
And honestly, I am so intimated by it,  but I am doing it anyway.
I'll letcha know how it goes. Wish me luck! 



Happy Tuesday + Hope you have a great week!

//////////////










3 comments:

  1. I love apple pie! Unfortunately only 2/5 of my family agrees with me, so we don't bake apple pie as much as I'd like. However, Pioneer Woman has a great recipe for flat apple pies that I have found to be a great alternative. It makes 2, so I just half her recipe and my husband and I can gleefully share apple pie and not feel like gluttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple pie is not my most favorite pie but the men in my family LOVE it! Don't get me wrong, I would never turn down a piece but I am a berry-loving pie kinda girl : ) I bet what you are talking baout is similar to what my mom makes called apple pizza, I think it might be a simpler alternative for me this time. I am going to check out the PW's site and see if I can't find that recipe too. Thanks Virginia + Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous film. I watched it last week, I just love it and like you, would love a little shop like the one around the corner *sigh* x x x x

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.