Spring Teaser + An Instant Mood Boost

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I think it's pretty safe to say that the weather has a huge effect on all of us... I know for a fact it does on me and has for as long as I can remember.
Winters are rough(but I also don't think I would want to live where there was not a change in seasons, for the record) but the hardest part for me is the lack of sunlight.
I need the   s  u  n.  Like need it to stay sane and stable.
As wrong as it might be, during the frigid, dreary Winter moments I often fantasize about laying in a tanning bed. The light, the warmth of the fake sun.... Sigh.
Too bad it's not still 1991... So not fair.


I can tell a huge difference in my mood and energy when the sun hasn't shown itself for days and then on those super cloudy + dreary days, when the sun does break through the clouds, it's like
 an instant pick-me-up! I love it when that happens.


We were away over the weekend, just two hours South of here, and I think it got up to 60* on Saturday. SIXTY degrees. And since we just had temps around 10* within the last week, it seriously
felt more like an 80* Summer day. I cannot wait for temperatures in the 70-80's.
I didn'y say 90's just yet guys... I'm not crazy.

The kids walked around a park in short-sleeve shirts, they took their jackets off because
 they got warm playing... Spring really is around the corner, isn't it?
Just looking at these pictures makes me long for the sunnier, warmer days of Spring.


Now if only I could get used to this whole time change thing... Man.
I like this time change because of the extra hour of sunlight in the evening and obviously because
 it means Spring is in fact on it's way...
But.
This is a tough one... that dumb hour really screws everything up, huh?

//////////////////////////

Does it feel like Spring yet where you are?
What are you looking most forward to this Spring?







2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on this, I actually cannot wait for the weather to warm up, I'm so ready for it. We don't have our hour time change for another couple of weeks yet but it always messes me up, it's crazy to think what a difference and hour can make hey x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gem- I know, it's the weirdest thing to me! I think it still being dark in the mornings until almost 7 and then it staying light later somehow messes up our internal clocks or something... it can't just be losing ONE hour of sleep... Right? : ) I hope you fare better than I have with it!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.