Happy Friday The 13th....

Friday, November 13, 2009


From me and my very own Freaky Friday baby! Charlotte was born on Friday the 13th in October three years ago and there wasn't a Friday the 13th in October this year so this is the closest one. I'm not overly superstitious myself at all but Friday the 13th probably wouldn't have been my first choice of days for my baby to be born. There were quite a few people pretty freaked out when I scheduled my 39 week visit for the 13th...please don't do that Amy, can't you wait, try to go sooner? I did have a choice, I could have gone about 4 days earlier to be "checked" but it wouldn't have been my regular doctor so I opted to wait. And who waits by choice when you are nine months pregnant anyway? I remember my sister especially thinking that this wasn't a good idea; "No, not the 13th...."she told me. She was in the delivery room with me when Wyatt was born so maybe she didn't want to be in there on Friday the 13th this time, not sure I blame her. As it turns out, when I went for my appointment that morning we learned "the baby"(didn't know the gender) was breech and we needed to do a c-section as soon as possible as I was already in labor and didn't know it. *Let me add here that my first labor didn't start until after Saturday Night Live was over, so after 12:30 a.m.,  and he was born at 4:33 a.m.  And I wasn't even sure it was real labor until...maybe 2:30ish?* Not a whole lot of time to waste. So amidst all the jokes from nurses and doctors that we could name the baby Jason or Michael Myers if it was a boy, my doctor told me not to worry, Friday the 13th was the luckiest day to have a baby. And she was right. My sweet little Charlotte Rose was born a few hours later--rather purple, but healthy. So Friday the 13th is special and lucky and don't let anyone tell you different. Oh and the blog title? Yep, named for my very own little Lucky Number 13. So Happy Freaky Friday all!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.