Counting Down.....

Tuesday, December 8, 2009


This has made counting down the days until Christmas even more FUN for the kids because they can see how many days there are to go by how many bags are left and of course there is a treat in each bag for them every morning. Wyatt was up at 6:30 this morning asking to go look at the calendar and find his treat but he has to wait for Charlotte to get up so they can get them out at the same time. That hour and a half until she woke up was a loooong one for him, hope she doesn't pull that on Christmas morning! I have seen some really cute, creative advent calendars on blogs and Flickr--knitted miniature stockings, little houses for each day of the month. WOW. I waited until the last minute (or past) so I needed something quick, easy and cheap. I got these tiny bags at the dollar store, they are actually for wedding shower favors so I just taped scraps of paper on them with double-sided tape and stamped the numbers. So easy and probably cost me about  $3.50 to make. As for filling them,  I just put in one little treat for each of them; one pack of Smarties, one Hershey's Kiss, one sucker, etc. When it gets to be the week of Christmas I might add a few more exciting little things in the bags. 8 days down, 18 to go......

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.