House Of Shame::

Wednesday, January 27, 2010



I am living in a house of shame-not just a closet, drawer or room, but a whole house of shame. Meaning it's dirty and is in need of some serious attention. I mean, the beds are made, the dishes are done and the laundry is fairly caught up...but it's still dirty. Dust everywhere, dog hair, chocolate milk spilled on the kitchen floor...the embarrassing kind of dirty. The kind where earlier when Wyatt yelled that someone was in our driveway I actually got a hot flash. I was seriously scared that we were going to have to duck down and hide in Charlotte's little cottage in the living room until whoever it was gave up and left. But the car was just at the neighbors....whew. Close call. I think it's time to bust out my cleaning gear (head scarf, smock) and have the kids lay down and rest in my room, with the bribe of a movie, so I can get this house under control. Because really? 
My house has way too many windows to be hiding from possible visitors.
 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes...I've considered hiding a time or two myself. You know, for a housewife, I'm not very good at keeping up with the household duties. It's good to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.