{Virtual Coffee}

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hello there,  Virtual Coffee drinkers.
Good morning and thanks for stopping by for coffee today.


First off,  I want to say thank you to everyone that has been linking up for coffee, just stopping by and reading or  even leaving comments on how you like the idea of Virtual Coffee. I really appreciate it!
Before I added the link-up a while back, several people told me I should make it a link up but it took a while before I finally did it. I thought about it for a while and there were a couple of reasons I was hesitant.
The main reason is that I was worried that no one would link up and that little linky-thing would be sitting at the bottom of my post empty and embarrassing me. So glad that didn't happen.
So thank you, thank you. And welcome to anyone that is visiting here for the first time through someone else's coffee this morning. Virtual Coffee is open to everyone,  so please feel free to join in.

*    *    *    *    *

So. If we were really meeting for coffee, I would tell you....
that I got to take pictures of this sweet little baby boy over the weekend. 
This is my friend that was in town visiting last week's baby and it was a last minute thing so I'm not sure how many good pictures I got. But oh how I love the little baby feet. Just look at them.


I would tell you that we had a nice weekend and that the bad weather actually slowed down enough for us to get out an do some things. Like a date Saturday night for margaritas and True Grit. 
Good movie, good margaritas at a new place.
And Friday night was my night out with the girls.
And let me just tell you that we wended up meeting one of my friend's mom at a hole-in-the-wall 
karaoke bar...but don't worry, we were not singing. It was a place where people brought in their own cups from home and there was the cutest little 80-year old man that was wearing an oxygen tank backpack (yep, you read that right!) and he would take off his backpack and go up there
 and sing Frank Sinatra songs like nobodies business. 
I'm telling you, it was a very interesting night full of interesting people.
And time with the girls, which is really priceless these days.


If were really meeting for coffee this morning,  I would tell you that it is all I can do to drag myself out of bed in the morning these days...and I do mean drag. It's hard for me to get motivated to do anything when it is this cold. Today the temp is supposed to be between
 -1 and -11. Ouch. BUT the sun is out so that I am very thankful for today. Gotta take what you can get.

One last thing before I go this morning. I wanted to share this free Valentine download 
I came across last week. So cute. And yeah, free. Love that. Go print it off and make something cute.

Tell me what you are up to this week. What's going on in your world?
Thanks for coffee. Stay warm and have a great day.





21 comments:

  1. i love your photos of your coffee every week, really. and i'm glad you have sunshine again today too, even though i have no idea what -11 even means. sounds crazy cold. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the TOES! SO CUTE. And I adore your Valentine sprinkles. I'm starting to get the festive Valentine's Day feeling just looking at them!

    What a coincidence too! My hubby and I just saw True Grit too.

    Sorry the weather has been so friggin' cold for you! Ugh. Bleah. Hope it all warms up soon! Thanks again for hosting Virtual Coffee and I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your little heart sprinkles!

    as always, thanks for hosting coffee. i'm super glad you added the linky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your night out with the girls sounds like it was fun! I love me some Frank Sinatra and your story about the old man made me smile.

    We have another snow day here. It's freezing with snow in the forecast. Fun.

    Ooh, I totally forgot to comment yesterday that I have a vintage Valentine too! It's from 1921 and one of my favorite things I own. I'm always on the lookout for them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those baby feet melted my heart at first sight!! there is nothing like baby feet. or the first little peek at their eyes... oh. makes me wanna HOLD a baby, just for ten or twenty minutes :)
    -1? -11? excuse me while i drop to my knees and THANK GOD for warm air. i don't know how you get out of bed either!! if i could sneak a bit of sunshine in this comment i would. sunshine, blue sky and green leaves. just for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming from someone who lives with this kind of winter for five months out of the year... it made me feel better to hear that you definitely feel as though the temperature affects you. So now have an excuse for my slothfulness over those five months : ) Makes me wonder if it does affect us northerners more than we realize. While I don't link up I do love your coffee posts.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I was introduced to your blog and virtual coffee by Joelle @ Love is Home. Your pictures inspire me :)

    Yay for a fun girls night! But oooh that freezing weather? I don't know how you do it. Here I am complaining about 20 degree weather... :/ Sorry.

    At least the sunshine helps! Hope you have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about the cold. It's hardly worth getting out of bed when the sun isn't calling me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend... I love karaoke... and girls nights.. and margaritas! :) Hope you have a great week and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From kissable tiny toes to sprinkles... Your posts (and coffee) always leaves me with a huge smile!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi you....oh those feet....yummo!!!!!!
    i bet you got a pile of gorgeous shots!!

    well...weather wise - you sound pretty much where we have been...-12 we got to...even for us excited aussies sledding lost it's allure!!
    we are from the same little pod...if the suns out our heart is just lifted a little more...enough to deal with the cold...

    today we had sunshine all over britian...and yep it made the news...the radio and the telly constantly!!
    rare and delightful!

    i would love to do margarita's with you my friend...even True Grit- what exactly is that!!??
    the karaoke night sounds brilliant!!
    we have a karaoke machine here at home...the hubster and i think we take the cake with it when competing with the kiddos and friends after a wine or two...i'm quite sure we're really just enthusiastic and rubbish!!

    going to visit the other coffee gals now...whilst dinner is roasting...

    melissa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. its way too cold here too. . .after the "slight" warm up over the weekend it feels like a slap in the face, huh??

    I hope that when I am older I will do the same thing, strap my oxygen on my back and belt out all the old 80's songs I can remember!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, baby feet are the best! So much fun to photograph. And heart sprinkles, what's not to love about those? Happy slurpin', Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the heart sprinkles on your coffee. So cute. And I'm with you on the cold, girlfriend. Can't wait for the days when all we want is ICED coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, your night out sounds like so much fun. Glad you had a chance to get out and enjoy yourself.

    Those baby feet are precious! What a great shot. And I don't drink coffee but you make it look so good, I know I'd have a cup too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. that night with the 80-something man singing Frank Sinatra sounds pretty sweet! ;)

    oh my...baby feet... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm fairly new to your blog and do love to read your Virtual Coffee posts. And can I just say I adore the coffee cup! Where ever did you find it?
    Today I actually read your post while sipping my latte in Starbucks. So, thanks for sharing coffee with me. :-)
    Sweet baby toes...so cute. I miss cute tiny toes. I do still get a few kisses in on my four year olds cute little feet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girls night sounds heavenly. I'm in need of one of those too. We are also fighting cold temperatures. I'm only leaving the house when absolutely necessary. I'm also bored out of my mind. ;-)

    Thanks for hosting. I always look forward to Tuesday's.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My motivation to get up is yelling for some attention baby of mine ;-)
    At least the weather her is beautiful... Today 60F. but still coffee is the first thing I make in the morning(s). I mean the bottle is first, then is coffee... and time to start day...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girls' night? What's that.

    Yeah. It's been a while.

    Those baby feet...oh. Slightest itch for a third upon seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. yum, where did you get those cute hearts?! :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.