{Virtual Coffee}

Tuesday, July 29, 2014


Good morning.
Happy, happy Tuesday to you.

It's Tuesday morning and nothing like a cool, random Tuesday morning to wake up and have coffee before everyone else gets up.
I said cool.... I did, like 60* cool.
In July.
Weirdest weather ever for July in Illinois.
They are actually saying that we are experiencing the coolest July in recorded history this Summer.
It's super bizarre and just doesn't seem right... I mean, don't get me wrong, these 75* days are beautiful but we really REALLY
want more swimming weather.




So grab yourself a cup of coffee and get comfy and let's talk all things   S U M M E R, because even
if it feels more Fall-like around here, it is Summer after all.
And seeing that we only have 3 weeks left of Summer vacation as of yesterday, we are squeezing every last bit of Summer
out of everything that we can.

Yesterday I ran into Walgreen's and found a clearance section of Summer/pool things marked 70% off!
I stocked up on chalk, goggles, diving toys and mask & snorkel sets.
I was so excited when I snatched up the mask & snorkel sets for 1.99 because it will be nice once the kids promptly lose/break
them knowing that I didn't pay much at all for them. Right?
So when I got home from work the kids didn't seem to care at all that it was in the mid-70's and breezy, they jumped right
in and gave those new masks a work out!

Don't you remember when you were a kid swimming no matter how cold the water was?
I do, I remember my lips turning blue and teeth chattering and still telling my mom I wasn't cold.
Those were the days....




To be honest, because I am working part-time now,  I am feeling like Summer has gone even faster than usual
and that there are still so many things we wanted to do that I know aren't going
to happen now.
Nothing too unrealistic really, but there are only so many hours in the day.
We have knocked plenty of things off of our list though and I off of my personal list as well.
Because yes, moms have lists, too and there are things I want to do, start, accomplish as well....
It's not all about the kids and their lists, y'all.




Saturday morning Charlotte and my mom and I went to the Farmer's Market and I was reminded why
I need to go every Saturday morning... for the  f  l  o  w  e  r  s   if nothing else.
Because really, huge sunflowers for $1 each?
Yes, please!
And this sweet little bouquet of flowers for $4... and succulents for $2.
We also got peaches and herbs and tomatoes but the flowers... sigh.


If we were really meeting for coffee this morning you would have to tell me all about your Summer so far...
Trips? Activities? Camps? School?
This year since having a babysitter for a few days a week I have been wishing a little that I had signed the kids up for a couple
of day camps, or 1/2 day camps just to keep them busy-- but I didn't.






Well, my cup is just about empty and it's time for e to get ready for work... it's Tuesday so the
kids get to spend the day with their grandparents today... so thankful for that!
No worrying about them sitting in front of the Wii/ipod/tv all day today anyway... whew.

////////


Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by here today.
Now if only I was having a real live coffee date this morning... that would be perfect.









No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.