{Virtual Coffee}

Tuesday, July 24, 2012


Good Morning.
I am up early this morning making home made blueberry muffins before Eric heads off to work.
I use this fantastic + easy recipe and they are so, so good.
The topping is the best and even the kids like them-- or I should add even Wyatt,  who isn't the biggest
fan of berries...of any kind. What's wrong with that kid, anyway?



So I am enjoying a little, tiny bit of quiet time before the kids are up.
I am in the kitchen, with the sun pouring in and the music is on super, super soft because I am so scared someone will wake up.
I am sipping my coffee and if you popped in for a visit you could sit and chat and have a warm blueberry muffin with me-- 
you could sit right in this little spot at my tiny kitchen table next to my pretty yellow grocery store flowers.
Yesterday I treated myself to two bouquets because they were on clearance.
Do you know how much I love grocery store flowers all over my house?







So, if we were really meeting for coffee this morning....
I would tell you that as of Monday I finally feel back to "normal" and pretty much recovered from
our big Relay for Life weekend.
Whewww.
Good Lord, I didn't realize that would mess me up so bad.
All day Saturday I felt hung over, my back hurt form trying to take a nap in the car and my head
hurt....I was foggy and actually had to stop and think once--wait, i wasn't out drinking all night, right?
Seriously, it felt like a hang-over. Yuck.
So technically I did not walk all night, I took a 2-hour nap/break, which consisted of me trying to
sleep in the back seat of my car and maybe actually sleeping for a total of 45 minutes.
That little nap made me feel worse I think and next year I will know not to even attempt it.


team cheerleaders





Wow- so,  Relay For Life was a really good, really emotional, really rewarding experience.
And it was fun.
And it was not 100* which is just amazing because it had been every other day.
So I slept or wollered around in bed and on the couch most of Saturday...gone are the days when I
can stay up all night long I guess.
Really I never was able to do that, I can function on little sleep but not on no sleep.
It felt so good to come home and crawl into my bed Saturday morning.
Bliss.




If we were really meeting for coffee this morning...
I would ask what you have been up to...how is your Summer going?
Ready to send those crazy kids back to school yet?
I am not ready for that, just a vacation, and I am in a serious state of denial that we only have four weeks left of Summer vacation.
I'm just gonna pretend that's not true though.
Denial, baby.



sunrise saturday morning

So that's about it for me... not too much excitement over here, huh?
I am hoping to have a much slower week than last week, I am over all of the busy-ness and just 
want the lazy days of Summer back.
The school year is busy. I want summer to be relaxed.
Thanks for stopping by here today...hope you have a great Tuesday.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Shop update ::











2 comments:

  1. We are of like mind this morning. I was up early making breakfast for my sweetie too. Sadly, no coffee for me. As much as I want to like it, I just can't seem to.

    School starts here in about 3 weeks. I can't believe it. Neither can the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your team cheerleaders have gorgeous big eyes! And how do you show your etsy shop thumbnails?

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.