Lucky.

Friday, October 23, 2009



I say that we are lucky that my parent's have this little cabin for us all to use, that we are able to go down there just for the day, to spend the night or stay for the whole weekend. To fish, walk on the trails, camp and explore the woods. To be away from all the comforts of home, to know what an outhouse is, to hear a car coming down the country rode and know to go out on the porch to see who it is passing by. To use your imagination, to help your grandpa plant trees, to have to boil water to wash the dishes, to go out to the rain barrel to wash your hands. Now, my uncle would argue with me about us being lucky; he says there is no such thing as luck--that we are blessed. Call it what you will, we know what we have and we appreciate it. And our hope is that our kids will realize this one day as well---that they are lucky, or blessed. Or both.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.