In A fUnK

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The last few weeks I have realized that I basically have no personal schedule, no alarm is being set, there is no job to go to, and I really have nowhere that I have to be. I'm just staying home today. Again.
I thought I was adjusted to this reality but maybe I'm not completely. I am finding myself in a bit of a funk because of this I think, not sure what to do...floundering a little? For the past few years I have only worked part-time, 12.75 hours to be exact, which was basically 2 or 2 1/2 days a week, so I was home a lot before, most of the time. I mean,  it's not like I was working 40 (or even 20) hour work-weeks and am now finding myself in a totally different place.  This school year is my first time staying all-the-way-home with the kids.  It's a good thing. I wanted to be at home by the time Wyatt started preschool and I am. My job was cut due to state funding being cut but I have now had an opportunity to go back to my same job pretty much but I don't want to. And it's not that I can't adjust to being at home with the kids necessarily, I think it's more that I have nowhere to be, nowhere to go and it's driving me a little crazy and  it has allowed me to become lazy. Way too lazy.
And when I say "Just staying home with the kids" it's not that I think my job at home isn't important, it's just that every day now kind of feels like  a day off of work....but that it's temporary. And it's not.
Does that make any sense?  Does anyone else know what I mean?
Well, I have made the executive decision that it is high time to get out of this daily funk and get on some kind of schedule for myself. And I am going to set my alarm right now.
I hope I remember what it sounds like.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.