Letting Go.

Saturday, January 23, 2010





 

I'm not sure why, but sometimes it is difficult to let go of a bad mood and negative feelings...even when you want to. That is how I've been feeling all week-down, negative but not wanting to be. The weather here has been dreary, foggy, raining or drizzling all week long and I know we have not seen the sun in an entire week, minimum.Yesterday after a bit of a rough day here I decided that we had to get out of the house, get some fresh air and try to get out of this funk, no matter what.  We bundled up in old clothes and headed to the park. As soon as we got there the kids started jumping in puddles, hitting little spots of ice with sticks and just running. I decided right then that I did not care how messy they got, how dirty the car got and knew that they would be getting right into the bathtub as soon as we walked in the door. And I was fine with it. At one point I looked over at Charlotte and asked her what she was doing, she answered; "Smelling the fresh air."
By the time we left the park I had to strip the outer layer of clothes off of them right in the parking lot-  off with the boots, coats, socks, mittens, hats...everything.They got to ride the few blocks home in long underwear and had to be carried in the house. Charlotte's pigtails were dripping mud. I almost forgot how good it feels to let go and just go with it, I'm so glad I was reminded yesterday.


2 comments:

  1. It is hard to let go of a bad mood! And it must be the whole mid-January thing because I was feeling the same way and a couple of my friends have said the same. You're so right, it does always help to get outside and let loose a bit! I'm so glad you were able to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm afraid I would have been so caught up in the mess being made, it would have been hard for me to see the fun. Kudos - the kids look like they are having a blast - and it sounds like you did too. Spring is coming - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.