Well Hello There, Thursday.

Thursday, January 14, 2010


The sun is out, the temperature here is up in the FORTIES today and all is good, here in my little world anyway.
 I don't have much to say today as my heart and mind are on the tragedy in Haiti. Watching the coverage last night was almost too much for me to handle, sometimes it's just easier to look away and not have to acknowledge that these things are happening around the world. My heart goes out to the people over there, the injured, the many, many families that lost loved ones and those people here and in various places around the world that are waiting on news of their family members. I cannot imagine the feeling of not knowing where your child is, your parents, your siblings...just as I cannot imagine what real struggles the Haitians go through every day,  even prior to this tragedy. Here we do not know the real meaning of being poor, going hungry and living in fear; fear for your safety, fear that you have no way to feed your children. This is just another reminder for me of just how fortunate we really are, how blessed we are to live in this country, and it makes me feel silly for all of my trivial complaining. It also reinforces the fact that the world is much bigger than my little life. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Haiti today and all the people from around the world that are or will be going there to help with the relief efforts.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.