This New Gig + Shop Update

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hey there.
Well, it's Day 2 of school and I have a confession;
It's really quiet.
Like really quiet.
I really miss the kids and wasn't sure if I was ready for all of this, BUT,  the upside is that this whole free time thing is
pretty cool, too...
I'm not gonna lie.
I can sit out on the front porch or just be in the front of the house and hear all the kids playing
on the playground.
I really like that, it makes me feel better.





This morning I worked on listing shop stuff and edited pictures while watching old re-runs of
I Love Lucy while drinking my coffee.
In the complete quiet.
It was really nice.
So here is my humble opinion; it's tough letting your youngest start school and have both kids back
in school after being home together all Summer long and kind of stepping into a whole new phase in your life, really --
but there are definitely positives, too.
It kind of all balances out.
If you would have seen me before Wyatt started school you just wouldn't believe that I am handling
it this well this time around.
Seriously.
I think I cried on and off for a few weeks before he started and then was a hot MESS the first day
of school.
The fear of the unknown, wondering how it's going to go, how they will handle it, how things
will change and all that...it's scary.




And you know what else?
It felt so good to sit down at the dinner table last night for a family dinner and hear all about the
kid's day. It really did.
We always ate dinner at the table together when I was growing up.
Always.
Until we got older, then we would be at different functions and activities, then it was a little different.
So one of my many, many goals for myself is to put more time and effort into dinner and meal planning.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


I updated The Shop today but I still have more to add- including more jewelry and a few
table cloths.
It.takes. forever.
Who knew?
Geeeeeez.
Click on the link above to go shopping.

Hope your week is off to a good start.
Happy Tuesday.









2 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased that you found beauty even amidst such mixed emotions. I said a prayer for ya. ;) I'm still not to terms with school starting.

    PS. looked at your shop and I. must. have. the kitschy God bless sign. Love it.

    Alita

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really doesn't get easier. My girls start back up soon and I'm going to miss them hard for the first week or so. It's a big change. Quiet is weird. But then you find your groove.

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.