Late October : Inside and Out

Friday, October 26, 2012


I just checked the weather for the weekend and then looked ahead to the next week to see that it's supposed to be
in the 40's and 50's for the next seven days-- or more.
Or more... like many more.
I have to tell you, I love Fall-- I mean I really love Fall and it goes way too fast and then I am already
thinking about(and dreading) Winter. Can we just skip Winter?
The leaves are almost all off of the trees after a super windy day yesterday.
It's late October and this is how it goes year after year... but I always go kicking and screaming.




Making the inside feel as cozy and warm as possible is one way to deal with what is coming outside.
I think today calls for making homemade chocolate chip cookies, lighting all
the pumpkin-scented candles and cozying up under blankets with a book or two.
The kids don't have school today due to Parent/Teacher Conferences, so we have started our
weekend already and oh how I love long weekends.
Is there anything better?



This weekend also calls for finally doing some work on the kids' Halloween costumes and rounding up the rest of the stuff we need.
I just realized that Halloween is Wednesday. Wednesday!
Yep, time to get busy.

>>>>>>>>>

And a little peek into our week; insta-style....



Happy Friday!
Hope you all have a great weekend.
The kids are staying over with their grandma + grandpa tonight-- it's date night!
Heyyyyy!





4 comments:

  1. Yes you are correct...fall is just TOO quick! Yesterday here was absolutely gorgeous and I tried to do as much outside as possible which including eating dinner outside:) Enjoy your date night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite part of this post?
    the "heyyyy!" at the end.
    made me giggle out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a GREAT date night:) And that caramel apple in the group of pics- OH MY WORD! Love those!:)
    I wish that I could live in your cute and cozy house and take pictures as good as you girl, for real. And I mean that in the most non-creepy way ok? :)
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.