{Virtual Coffee}

Tuesday, December 4, 2012


Hey there.
Good morning.
How's it going this morning?
Ready for a cup of coffee?
I made myself a  homemade Peppermint Latte... I have moved on from my homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte.
I will have to do a little post on how I make those later this week.




So, if we were really meeting for coffee this morning, I would  need to confess something to you all.
I cannot get into Christmas.
Not even a little bit.
As in I have not got out a single decoration.... no tree yet... no advent calendar hanging up....
Nothing.
WHAT is wrong with me?!

Sunday I caught myself looking at the Fall stuff on clearance at Target and was actually wanting to
buy something-- then had to tell myself that I couldn't, Fall is over, we are supposed to be moving
on to Christmas now....
It's December.
Have you had years like this, where you can't really get into it?
Yesterday I made myself listen to Frank Sinatra Holiday on Pandora but that didn't even do it.
Help.
Anyone else? Any advice?
Mama needs to snap out of this. Fast.



So... tell me how your weekend was-- what did you do?
Has the Holiday stuff started for you, yet?
I'm thinking we have a week or two before that all starts for us-- hopefully.
Sunday morning Wyatt and I watched the first Harry Potter movie together, it was quite the event.
We recently started reading the books together and are on the second book now and I have to tell you,
I have really loved reading these with him so far.
When they first came out I think I read maybe 4-5 of them, but that seems like a really long time ago,
so I have forgotten a lot of the details.
These little things, like reading Harry Potter together, are what makes growing up a little bit
more okay with me.




If we were really meeting for coffee this morning you know we would have to discuss this crazy,
crazy weather.
Yesterday I took a a walk in short sleeves.
Short sleeves people, in December.
It was a beautiful day and got up to 74* I think.
In December. In Illinois.
Think maybe this might have something to do with me not feeling like it's Christmas time?
Yeah, me too.

>>>>>>>>>>

So tell me what has been going on with you... Are you all decorated for Christmas?
What are your favorite little things about the Holiday season?
Does all the stuff going on this time of year stress you out at all or are you fine with it?
Tell me your favorite Holiday movie... maybe it will jump-start my Christmas spirit.




I hope you all have a great day.
Thanks for stopping by for a cup of coffee with me this morning, I do love the company.
Happy Tuesday, y'all.









3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not alone. I can't get into it either. Just not feeling it. I did get the tree up because the kids wanted it, but we still haven't decorated. It's a lights only tree right now.
    It's been warm here, too. It was 80 yesterday, which is just plain gross. I need some cool weather. I hope things change real soon because right after Christmas I'm going to NYC and it had better be cold. No freaky weather allowed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, had to delete the comment because I realized too late it was full of mistakes. The bottom line of it was that however little I was feeling it, I ended up in the midst of things (Santa letter writing, tree decorating, Xmas card writing) and am starting to remember why I love the holiday season (minus the stress, if that were an option!).

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.