{Virtual Coffee}

Tuesday, February 5, 2013


Good morning.
So it is Tuesday morning and I am here on the couch, under my favorite quilt, with all of the curtains wide open to let every
last little drop of sunshine in,  drinking my coffee.
Grab a cup of coffee, sit down and tell me all you know...
Something super exciting... or scandalous, shocking... or unbelievable... I'm listening.




So-- if we were really meeting for coffee this morning, first things first ::
Every time I write a post like my last one(and mind you, I do not plan those out ahead of time, I just sit down and type without
worrying about what anyone will think) I have a mental picture of my mom's face- you know, how it would look if she was to read it,
or even just knew it was out there.
Ha!
To say she does not understand this whole blogging thing would be an understatement.
She thinks it is crazy how people put their personal business anywhere out there in the world of social media and she wouldn't
like it I am guessing.
BUT, I am not writing + sharing(or not writing +sharing) for my mom or anyone else, luckily.
Anyway, it makes me stop and think for a second sometimes but doesn't stop me... it does make me
laugh a little to myself though.

////////
Anyway though, enough of that.
Let's talk about the weekend... How was your weekend?
We actually had a really busy weekend-- fun, but full.
The good thing is that it was full of things we wanted to do, not had to do... big difference there.

Friday night we took the kids and my nieces to movie night at the college, they were playing Wreck It Ralph and to be honest,
I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it, BUT the kids had a lot of fun.
Movie, popcorn, candy and their cousins sleeping over... what's not to like?
By the way, my boy is always outnumbered by his girl cousins but he is such a good sport and doesn't seem to mind at all.




Saturday we woke up to snow which was pretty exciting because we have had such little snow the last two years, like really little.
The kids, Charlotte especially, have been dying for snow so they can actually go sledding and make a
snowman... you know, the things you are supposed to be able to do in the Winter in the Midwest.



And just so ya know, Eric was at the bottom of the hill catching them because the hill goes right down to the street.
I might have taken these form my car on my way to go do a little shopping... because, uhhhh...
the cold is not my most favorite thing ever.




So,  Saturday night we went out to dinner to celebrate Eric's birthday which was actually Sunday.
The kids stayed over night at my parent's house and were even delivered back home to us in the
morning-- that never happens, it was really nice!
Did you watch the Superbowl? We had people over early for lunch and everyone was gone by
the time the game actually started.
I'm not a football fan at all but I did see some of the half-time show... yeah, that's about it.
I really liked the Farmer commerciala-- and uh- yeah, that's all I can say about the Superbowl.



So that was our weekend... busy and full and fun.
Back to school and all of the weekday routines though now.
Last week was a super busy week as far as school activities and stuff go, I am happy to report that this
week is less busy.
Today in between working in Wyatt's classroom and cleaning I am hoping to get some new stuff added in the Shop
that I never got around to last week.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Link up or just leave a comment and tell me what's going on with you this morning.
Happy Tuesday, y'all.







3 comments:

  1. sounds like a nice weekend!
    we didn't do anything at all really. I took savannah shopping for shoes and they were BOGO at Payless, so that was a bonus. then she got ear-rings as she hadn't had any in her ears in over two years and she got them right back in there, so awesome!

    in other news; our gutters filled with ice and cause a MAJOR ice jam on our stairs and sidewalk and I FELL ALL THE WAY DOWN while taking the dog out. i cried and cried it hurt so bad, I thought I broke it, but it was just majorly bruised. not fun at ALL>
    owner of house should have taken care of getting gutters cleaned out KNOWING michael has a brain tumor and cannot be doing these things himself and that's not our responsibility anyway, and they are soooooo high and hard to reach. anyway, BIG MESS!
    have a great week!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked the farmer commercial too. gave me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, beautiful! haven't been on your blog in awhile and I'm so glad I did... made my day!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.