Hey there, Monday.

Monday, June 17, 2013

So.....
Somehow it is Monday already.
WHY oh why do the weekends go so fast?
The weekends, where I have back up, an extra referee, someone else to do a bit of the discipline, to do the question answering,
a cook, a partner.... sigh. Why can't the weekends be a bit longer?
::::::::::::::::

Friday was Wyatt's last day of his two-week Camp.
I wondered maybe if him being at Camp all day it might get a little boring for Charlotte but it ended up being a good two weeks.
I think she really enjoyed the solo time and I know the break away from each other was good for them- and ME, let's be honest here.


One morning last week after dropping Wyatt off, Charlotte and I stopped at one of our 
favorite spots, a little Oriental Rock Garden, to play.
It was so early that we were the only ones there and it was a beautiful morning-- empty park, 
not hot yet at all.  Just perfect.
I was so glad I grabbed my Nikon on the way out the door.


My girl "took pictures", climbed rocks and looked for snails under rocks.
In her new sandals and white dress. Ha!
When she gets outside like this she just knows what to do.
She is an explorer and a little nature lover and I hope she is always like that.



I love this morning light, it was the perfect time to be out.
I read somewhere that the best time for photos in the morning is about 1 1/2 hours after sunrise, now this was nowhere near that...
probably about 3 hours after sunrise because it was probably around 8:30 am.
I'm thinking that this Summer I am going to get the kids up early and go do morning pictures of them.



Looking at these pictures makes me realize I need some 1:1 time with my boy now.
It's usually Charlotte and I but I need to carve out a day/time this summer for just Wyatt and I, it's hard to do,
 to arrange childcare and stuff but I think it's so important.

::::::::::::::::::::::
So... what is your week looking like?... and what do you have going on today?
Happy Monday, hope it's a good one.



3 comments:

  1. beautiful amy!!
    and yes...why do those weekends always fly by?:)
    have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the light is gorgeous, too. I have found that most morning light stays dreamy until 10ish. That white dress is so pretty and summery. Summer in dresses- ah! nothing like it. Girls rock. :) I hope you get some 1:1 time with Wyatt. I would love 1:1 time with both the boys. It is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The light in those green leaves is amazing, Amy. It's like I'm there. You captured all of that lovely green so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.