Taking Action + Slow Sundays

Saturday, January 31, 2015


Action. 
That's the word I chose for this year.
{I talked more about that here}
I went back and forth between intention/intentional and action... and back and forth some more before I landed on action and stayed there.
Intentional would have worked too because they have similar meanings to me but action felt right.

Let me explain why.
One of what I consider my biggest flaws(just one!) is my lack of action, or inaction when it comes
to all the things I want to do... And not just do, But do/learn/make/build/go/accomplish/experience.
I often feel like there are so many things in my head that I want to do that it just becomes overwhelming
and I don't do them... or I start them and don't finish them.
Often before I get started on something I talk myself out of it by telling myself why it won't work, why I will never get there and how I will probably not follow-through anyway, so why even start?
Geeez.... great attitude there, Amy. I know, I know.



Enter: Slow Sundays.
This is just one teeny tiny thing in a list of a million things that I want to start doing and this one is really important to me.
We are not great over here about family dinners, which is something we always did growing up.
When I lived at home my mom fixed dinner every night and we all ate together at the dinner table.
Because of work schedules and habits we have never been great at this and it's something I want to change at home.
So we will work on the dinner thing for sure and have also started Slow Sunday breakfasts, which we have really been trying to do for a while now.
Weekends are sometimes easier, so Sunday or even Saturday breakfasts, are very do-able for us.
There is more time, less rush and there is time to prepare, clean up and enjoy a big meal without rushing to clean up, have showers, do homework/study spelling words, etc. that we have during the typical school week.


I am excited to try some new breakfast casserole recipes and homemade cinnamon rolls is on my long list of things to try.
The kids love breakfast food and I think I will be getting far fewer complaints than at dinner time, which is a huge motivator for me. 

////////

This is just one of the many things on my never-ending list of things I want to change in the new 
year and continue to work on.
You will hear me talk a lot about my one little word this year- how I am doing, what it means to me and what areas of my life need the most work and how this one little word applies to these areas.
It is already the last day of January and I am feeling pretty good about this month, often I am disappointed in myself and the lack of progress I have made at this point, or disgusted that I have already completely lost all momentum and don't even remember what in the hell my word for the year is supposed to be.


Is there something you are currently working on? Any big or little goals or things on your mental to-do list? How was January for you?
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! 






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

leave me a comment...you know you wanna.